Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Out of the Admiralty.

Gentlemen from today I will be out of the Admiralty until Sunday evening, so please do not send me any requests until my return. Any problems should be referred to Keith directly.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Enjoy your trip to Doncaster!

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

I'm waiting patiently for the pictures of what great things the Swedish Royal Navy will do in Tripoli!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Only a day or two to wait now Jonas.
    Ensign Patch did the write up for me as I was rather busy running things. he is going to send me a fair copy as soon as he recovers from a rather tireing but most enjoyable weekend, and yes we raised a glass or two to our overseas friends who could not be with us.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks Sven.
    It was great as usual save for the missing friends. i would have loved you to command one of the Swedish Frigates for me.

Rob.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

I can say Jonas, the Royal Navy acquitted itself admirably, very admirably if I say so myself, although we seemed to upset our American ally a tad, I was honoured to be in charge of the Swedish fleet

Happy that the event could took place at all in Doncaster this year.

Hope the best for our 2022 Prague event.

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    ... i would have loved you to command one of the Swedish Frigates for me.
    I'm curious for the mission you played.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Just to whet your appitite Sven here are the shots of me setting up the game the night before the action.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Can you spot where the tables join at a slightly different height? Curses!

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

That is a well known problem. I have changed tables, turned them around and worked hard to get an even battleground several times.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Can you spot where the tables join at a slightly different height? Curses!
    Shims! Next year travel with shims! A few 15cm square cuts of 6mm lauan plywood should set you to rights. Masking tape them together if you have to stack them.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I normally have a few beer mats for this sort of thing, but was trying not to take too much stuff so left my big box of fixtures and fittings behind. Typical.
    Rob.