Thread: Fire and leak question - one ship box per?

Hybrid View

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Myles

Default Fire and leak question - one ship box per?

When you draw a fire or leak damage does it get its own shop damage box?
    Or does it's number get added to the leftmost partially full box?

I understand the damage at start if turn for ongoing fires and leaks get their own box but what about the original chit that started if all?

Thanks,
    Myles

2nd Lieutenant
    Great Britain

Log Entries
    Name
    Richard

As I understand it, you put a damage marker in the special damage box, then at the start of each subsequent turn (until the fire is extinguished) - you fill a fresh box with a fire marker, and shift the damage from a partially filled box down one space to the right. The original fire damage chit is only relevant on the damage track for any damage value number written on it.
    The same holds for leaks.

Hope this is right, and makes sense!!!

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Myles

Thank you - I do follow what you are explaining so now I think maybe I have playing it wrong a bit. I was assuming the chit with the original fire or leak damage was to be placed in its own box.
    Doesn't sound like that is the case - its damage number simple is treated as any other damage with regard to what box to put it in.

I think I got sideway because of the start of turn ongoing damage for active fires or leaks says to put the damage in a box if its own.

So I probably doomed some ships prematurely by always taking a new box for each special damage fire or leak chit drawn.

I will have to correct that in my current game and keep the ships afloat a bit longer.

Thanks,
    Myles

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

To confirm, as I read it also.

Turn 1 Fire and leak damage as soon as received goes into the special damage box.
    Begining of next turn, turn 2, you fill one box on the ship mat for each fire chit or leak chit in special damage box
    In the planning phase turn 2 you can choose extinguish fire chit/ repair damage chit
    In this action phase you reveal the chits. Move the repair or extinguish fire chit to special damage box
    Turn 3 you receive damage for each fire and leak in special damage box,
    In planning phase, plan as normal, but remember you already have an action used for each if you planned repair or extinguish fire.
    End of this turn if you have a repair damage chit in special damage box you can choose to stop the leak, remove repair chit as well as 1 leak counter from the special damage box, you have stopped the leak and can now plan to pump out water to remove water damage. Note in the planning phase you can pump out water but it will just fill up again until the leak is repaired first. If you have the extinguish fire action in special damage box you remove the chit and one fire chit from the special damage box. If you have more than one fire then you wil take more damage until you plan another extinguish fire action.... fire is not nice at all

Remember you can pump out water filled box's but fire damage remains

Hope I not confused you.

I have made up a turn sequence for standard and Advanced rules, if you would like a copy pm me your email and
    I will gladly post you a copy, it may help.

As for the original chit, the number is added to the ship log as usual, you put the brown fire/ leak marker into the special damage box
    Last edited by Capn Duff; 06-05-2017 at 16:53.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thank you for that very explicit rendering of the fire rules Chris. It saved me from having to answer this one myself. It is one of the more difficult to explain rules until you have seen it in action.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

How about putting your turn sequence document in the Files section, Chris?

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Never dawned on me David, Ill look to do so

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Great idea Dave, and I think I know how to authorize it if you do Chris.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.