Thread: Your Favorite two ship lists

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Philip

Default Your Favorite two ship lists

What are your go to ship lists for a quick game and why...

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Mine will be the Frigates from the starter set Phil, simply because they are boxed together and have all the cards mats and accoutrements in one place.
    Other than that I really have no favourite.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Philip

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Mine will be the Frigates from the starter set Phil, simply because they are boxed together and have all the cards mats and accoutrements in one place.
    Other than that I really have no favourite.
    Rob.
    Interesting, I have noticed that somewhat seems to be commonplace in SOG. I tend to only sail British ships and try to exploit the strengths of certain vessels over others.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

My preference with SoG are SoL games, I know I am in the minority here but
    I like using the bigger ships and playing small squadron games of three or more ships.
    I keep my fleets in KR SoG cases, I have reviewed these on the forum, so
    I tend to use first in my games and at shows/conventions the first four ships I marked up when first starting. What I mean here is I have allocated each ship a colour and a number to help keep cards and mats easily identifiable and to assist keeping them together.
    Ie British SoL have an orange sticker numbered 1 to 21, French Blue 1 to 19 and Sapanish 1 to 9 currently. The same colour sticker and number is put in the underside and top side of the ship base, then on the ship mat , ship card and manouvre deck and lastly on the underside of the ship model.

So to answer your question, I think, the list I go to is my own ship list but tend to be the following that get used most:

HMS Spartiate, Belleraphon, Bellona and Vanguard

Commerse de Bordeaux, Redoubtable, Le Berwick and Generaux

Purely because these are the first four SoL in my box's which are fully rigged and pennented :)

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Philip

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Duff View Post
    My preference with SoG are SoL games, I know I am in the minority here but
    I like using the bigger ships and playing small squadron games of three or more ships.
    I keep my fleets in KR SoG cases, I have reviewed these on the forum, so
    I tend to use first in my games and at shows/conventions the first four ships I marked up when first starting. What I mean here is I have allocated each ship a colour and a number to help keep cards and mats easily identifiable and to assist keeping them together.
    Ie British SoL have an orange sticker numbered 1 to 21, French Blue 1 to 19 and Sapanish 1 to 9 currently. The same colour sticker and number is put in the underside and top side of the ship base, then on the ship mat , ship card and manouvre deck and lastly on the underside of the ship model.

So to answer your question, I think, the list I go to is my own ship list but tend to be the following that get used most:

HMS Spartiate, Belleraphon, Bellona and Vanguard

Commerse de Bordeaux, Redoubtable, Le Berwick and Generaux

Purely because these are the first four SoL in my box's which are fully rigged and pennented :)
    Very nice!

This scale is a little beyond my talent to convert. I'm currently waiting for my first conversation from Model J.