Thread: New wave of ships: where are the pirats?

Ordinary Seaman
    Argentina

Log Entries
    Name
    Ezekiel

Default New wave of ships: where are the pirats?

Cheers guys!
    I guess all of you have seen the new wave of ships from Ares' games page
    http://www.aresgames.eu/18762

I'm pretty happy with the choice ... but I've read somewhere here that there were going to be Pirate ships in the next wave and they're missing (sadness)
    It seems I'll have to wait a couple of more years before getting them... but the whole thing let me guessing that producing Pirate ships for the game may not be easy, since pirats used to make lots of transformations in the ships they capture, so each one of them would be somewhat unique. That means there were not Queen Ane's Revenge or Royal Fortune class outhere. So I'm wondering if Ares' would ever release a set of pirate ships?
    On the other hand those like me that are good re-painting and re-building minis could turn a mini into a pirate ship. Any way, I would love to have a Brigantine to work with.

thoughts?

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

QAR was about the size of a 32, just with added guns in her upperworks. Really, "standard designs" didn't start until about the 1750s, so most things before that were one-offs and models willbe representational at best. :(
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Have a look at the Shapeways 1/1000 scale models, Ezekiel. You may like to make one or more of them into pirate ships.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

It is also worth having a look at Ensign Patche's Pirate ship conversions. Drop Simon a PM and ask him to post some pictures for you. Non of my pics of his ships are close ups.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.