Thread: Summer Con 2017 in Prague

Default Summer Con 2017 in Prague

We had a good time at the Summer Con 2017.

Two SoG scenarios were hosted: Pirates by Maverick and Abukir by me.

Here you got some pictures:
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Pirates looked like an easy win for me.

I was in command of two pirate ships with a burden value of 4 each. Nemanja and Asja had one heavy frigate each, too.

The Royal Navy sent in 4 frigates with the burden values of 2 x 3 and 2 x 2.

Easy prey I thought before Simon turned around one movement before I did and raked my first ship with the incredible number of 11 A damages! Don't ask me what RN house rule were used, but it had something to do with first shot, first broadside, first raking, etc...

So it was was one pirate versus two intact RN frigates when my command was decimated to one ship and one wreck.

Some more pictures here:

Simon brought some wonderfull rigged and painted ships to Prague and hosted a really nice scenario.

Thank you, Sir.

I had no luck with the position of the pirate captain and his able first officer, but Nemanja and Asja did well and sunk two RN frigates, while one of mine struck the colours and the other decided to be blown out of the Caribbean waters.

Abukir was a cooperative scenario to fight down the anchored French line at the coast of Egypt.

Simon was in command of the British line and his captains, Paul, Steve & Reg did a fine job.

Surprisingly Admiral Nelson (Simon) led the whole line between the coast and the Frenchmen and managed to fight down the big first rate, the Orient.

Well done men!

I need to improve the scenario a little bit, allow double shots, use two damage decks, and stuff like that.

Unfortunately we had not that much space for a comfortable gaming. You need it for your game mat and to reach the ships.

Because this was a premier of this new kind of coop sceanrio and one captain had to handle two ships I allowed an open maneuver planing and I think we had a lot of fun.

Nice episode by the way:

When I told the gamers about the possibility to talk about strategies and advace and finished the setup, they left the table one by one.

My thought was, ok two of them check something in front of theshop, one is to the toilet, etc. But when Reg finnaly left the table I was a little bit irritated.

I turned around and found the all in the corridor quiet discussing what to do.

I joined them and explained, that there was no need for a hidden conference, because the French ships don't move, fire automatic at the nearest enemy and that I'm curious too, how they would handle the situation.

Finally I was able to convince them to join me at the table again and to discuss open what to to.

Anyway I think it took them another 15 minutes, before they trusted my declarations...

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Comte de Brueys View Post
    Pirates looked like an easy win for me.

I was in command of two pirate ships with a burden value of 4 each. Nemanja and Asja had one heavy frigate each, too.

The Royal Navy sent in 4 frigates with the burden values of 2 x 3 and 2 x 2.

Easy prey I thought before Simon turned around one movement before I did and raked my first ship with the incredible number of 11 A damages! Don't ask me what RN house rule were used, but it had something to do with first shot, first broadside, first raking, etc...

So it was was one pirate versus two intact RN frigates when my command was decimated to one ship and one wreck.
    Sven,

I should have warned you about Simon. He has a happy knack of turning to rake exactly one move before you do unto him. He holds the sole distinction of being the only Captain to have defeated me five times in succession on the same day, using my own ploy. He is a really intuitive Captain.

As an aside it is great to see our new Sails Sweat shirt in evidence.
    Thanks for the pics.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Ordinary Seaman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Simon

Sven

Your participation in the Pirates game was superb and was a warning shot of what was to come the following day

As i said the Royal Navy never surrenders the Captain goes down with his ship my friend

The Nile scenario was wonderful, and the Captains of the Royal Navy Fleet well trained and disciplined

The Admiral had little to do other than issue the initial orders and tactics...

Royal Navy at their best..England would expect nothing less.

Thank you for a quite superb game Sven.

And the pictures !

Look forward to a return Action at Doncaster in September!