Thread: Yo ho from the West Coast

Hybrid View

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Scott

Alameda, so close-ish. Do you play at a local store?
    When the blood in your veins returns to the sea, and the earth in your bones returns to the ground, perhaps then you will remember that this land does not belong to you, it is you who belong to this land.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Gina

Quote Originally Posted by Tokhuah View Post
    Alameda, so close-ish. Do you play at a local store?
    No. I don't play SGN anymore and I sold my Ares ships. I like to play 1:1000 scale age of sail minis but I prefer the Post Captain ruleset, from Old Dominion GameWorks.

But if you attend Pacificon this September, I will be there on Saturday all day in the Wargame Boot Camp area. I'll be demoing my solitaire operational age-of-sail game, "A Glorious Chance: The Naval Struggle for Lake Ontario in the War of 1812," which has made the cut for publication at Legion Wargames.

Pacificon Game Expo Santa Clara Marriott Hotel
    September 1-4, 2017

Historical Board Games
    Event LB-101
    Sat 10:00AM
    to 5:00PM
    (7 hrs)
    A Glorious Chance: The Naval Struggle for Lake Ontario 1813
    Presented by Gina Willis
    Solitaire, also suitable co-op. published by Legion Wargames
    No signup required.
    room for 1 players
    Demonstration, General gaming experience, Nothing required, Eighteen and older
    Description: Wargame Bootcamp - Designer's demo and drop-in play of this solitaire, operational naval boardgame in the War of 1812. Play hotseat, coop, or watch.

I plan to take my set of 1:1000 scale 3D printed minis with me (I have every ship that was in the campaign) and set them up too, to show how players can use the boardgame to run a campaign and generate scenarios for miniatures battles.