Thread: 3D printable ship models on Shapeways

Landsman
    Canada

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Default 3D printable ship models on Shapeways

I've owned a home-built 3D printer (Prusa Mendel) for several years, and I was recently looking for a new project to tackle with it when I stumbled on Master and Commander, began re-reading it and started modelling some printable ships. I'm sharing my work on Thingiverse.

A home built 3D Printer isn't going to turn out cast quality models, but I think they look pretty good, particularly on the table if not so much in your hand...

I'm still experimenting with sails and rigging - printed versus paper sails, etc.

I'd love any comments / feedback. I anyone prints them, please post or send pics - I'd love to see them.

(And feel free to tip the designer if you like them ;) )

Name:  bdf9895a0ea44fa0099e45431b508087_preview_featured.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  114.3 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Can't tip the designer, other than giving you rep points David, but I know that several of the members are looking at this sort of work as a way to modify some of the Ares models to convert them into other vessels. I'm sure that they will be along soon to pick your brains on this matter.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Landsman
    Canada

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Can't tip the designer, other than giving you rep points David.
    Tipping the designer is a thingiverse feature, I'd only request that you consider doing so if you use and enjoy my models. :)

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Rep tipped!
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.