The first Ildefonsos were built as 74's, the last four (Montanes class) were 80's--only minor changes to bow and ballast. Dimensionally ThreeDecks has Ildefonso a Burgos foot beamier but otherwise virtually identical to Bahama as-built, though somehow between then and her taking the older ship gained about a half-meter in length and beam.

Bahama was laid down before Ildefonso was even designed--the former started as a San Pedro de Alcantara 64 built according to Francisco Gautier's construction practices (the "Gautier System"), but *may* have been converted into a 74 while building. It may also be that Landa, when designing Ildefonso, looked to Bahama for ideas and inspiration... we can't really be sure unless we can find somebody who speaks technical Spanish and get them On The Ground in Madrid to access the Spanish naval archives.

I'm sorry, but Beware of Wikipedia--lots of errors, and lots of folks who make those errors that are overprotective of their content. That said, I'm sure that Roberto at Ares would be overjoyed at the idea of rerunning SGN112 as Ildefonsos and tamping down some of the criticism without having to eat a whole tool's cost as a loss... speaking of which, my report on that matter is just waiting for Subject Matter Expert confirmation on a couple things before I finalize and deliver it, and forty-eight hours after Roberto has it you here will too.

Howitzers were indirect-fire weapons just like their modern namesakes and those useless French obusiers.