Thread: New Campaign: The War

Hybrid View

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Randy

Yeah I have wrestled with the collision rules too. I think it comes down to whether you want to lean towards a heavy damage ramming influence, ala Greek and Roman battles, or more of a cannon ball boarding influence. I decided on the cannon ball boarding influence as I truly think, even with the pirates, ramming other ships was a stupid thing to do. With the exception of fire ships, which isn't simulated in this game. I like the battles with the cannons and the boarding action as something more akin to reality for that time.

So I use someone's adjusted rules, which is compare burden's of the ships, subtract the difference and that difference is the damage done to the lower burden ship, but as a minimum each ship will get at least 1 damage counter, even if the burdens are the same. I found this works best for my influence.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Seems a very equitable way of sorting it out Randy.
    There is a discussion about this somewhere on here, but simple is good foe me as they keep on saying use the Kiss method.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.