Blog Entries
    Name
    Neil

Default AAR August 2016 "The Signal Tower"

August Solo mission

Name:  pirate tales.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  7.0 KB
    “AArrhghhhh my ‘arties. ‘Ol’ Tom iz bak agin, ‘nd by poular request like, the proprietor of this ‘ere histablishment az axed me bak agin to regale you landlubbers of sum more of me tales of Slippery Jim and the Big E. So if’n yer aall settled and comfy like ‘nd we’ve aall got a mug o’grog? I’ll tell y’all anuthah seafairin tale of Slippery Jim and the Big E.”

“Well the Guv’nor an’Jim wuz az thik az thieves they wuz. Any time we wuz in port, ‘Ol Jim sceedaddled, that’s walk very fast madam, up to yondah mansion o’thuh Guv’nor like. Aa waz thinkin t’meesell that Jim wuz more interested in a certain young lass then the Guv’nor but that’s a story for anuthah day. Noo, where wuz I? Oh yes, the Guv’nor. Well he was askin Jim to head off a Spanish ship he knew wuz in a cove near’in this here island like. So when Jim cum aboard ‘nd all the hands were present we set sail.”

“Noo Wor Jim ‘ad a plan. What plan Sir? Well aall tell yeh, if’n yeh givus a chance like!”

Slurp and wipes hand ceremoniously across sleeve.....

“Noo wherwuz’a afore’n this gentleman interrupted my blether like? Oh, yis. Wih set sail on the morning tide and we fairly tappy lapped, that’s go quickly too madam, across the sea to this here bay wot the Guv’nor telt wor Jim. Big Frank, ‘nd he waz big missus but not very tall if you catch me drift, nee need ta blush hinney ah woz jist sayin he woz big! Well Big Frank shooted to Jim, ‘I’ve sailed these parts afore skipp’r; Noo that’s how the crew called Jim, not Captain or Sir but skipper, So Jim sez, ‘Fine Big Frank tell me what you know and maybe you’ll get a bigger slice of the cake’, so Big Frank telt Jim about an old Portugeese fort up on the bluff ower lookin this bay like. So Jim thanks big Frank and calls me doon to ‘is cabin.

‘Look Tom as much as you don’t like it I need you to take 2 boat crews and deal with whoever is in that fort. For we shall shelter in this bay, (Jim pointed to the map on ‘is table) and on the morning tide sweep around the headland to take the Spaniard. If they are forewarned it will not go well for the big E. However if we surprise them all the better for us.’

“We settled in forah short while ‘nd jist afore dusk we glided into the bay Jim had pointed to on his map and we dropped anchor.”

Name:  Another day in pergatory 001 (640x360).jpg
Views: 283
Size:  97.0 KB

“Aad alriddy med me mind up of who was gannin wivvus and it wasn’t lang afore we had the boats lowered and we were headin’ for the shore. Noo Jim ‘ad pointed oot a track we cud follow, reet up to the old fort”.

Name:  Another day in pergatory 002 (640x360).jpg
Views: 305
Size:  118.0 KB

“So there we wuz, me ‘nd the laads in the boats and Jim and the Big E awaiting dawn and tekkin on the Spaniard.”

Name:  Another day in pergatory 004 (640x360).jpg
Views: 278
Size:  127.3 KB

“Well we got reet up t’the fort and we crept up to the lookouts and we took them with a little bit of a punch up. It got dark reet fast ‘nd non o’the laads cud find the path so we had to sit and wait it oot!”

Name:  Another day in pergatory 005 (640x360).jpg
Views: 303
Size:  132.4 KB
    (Top row is the crew of the boats 4, v the crew manning the fort 1+1=2)

“Cum th’mornin’ We cud see the Big E sail rund the headland and head for the Spaniard.

Name:  Another day in pergatory 008 (640x360).jpg
Views: 282
Size:  138.8 KB

Jim sailed the Big E, ‘nd we cud see the Spaniards were rousing the crew and tryin’ to raise the anchor and set sail. But Jim held his nurve and let fly with a full broadside.

Name:  Another day in pergatory 011 (640x360).jpg
Views: 257
Size:  137.5 KB

Jim wazzn’t ganna let that Spaniard get away. He had aimed low and we cud see the balls fairley burstin’ thru the planks doon by the water line”.

Name:  Another day in pergatory 012 (640x360).jpg
Views: 274
Size:  136.7 KB

“Most of the crew that had just cum on deck were sent back below to man th’pumps. So Jim swung the Big E rund the Spaniards beak and dropped anchor whilst lettin’ fly a luverly bow rake.

Name:  Another day in pergatory 013 (640x360).jpg
Views: 279
Size:  143.1 KB

Well that fair knocked the stuffin’ oot o’the Spaniards and th’chucked the towel in”.
    “Man wee’d tuk the Spaniard and with a few poor sowels wot got hurt a bit when we scrapped with the Spaniards in the fort we lost not a man”.

Butchers Bill:
    Name:  Another day in pergatory 017 (640x360).jpg
Views: 300
Size:  141.8 KB
    Goliath: Holed/Struck/lost 8 crew boxes

Name:  19a.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  47.1 KB
    Terminus Est: 1 crew casualty (attack on the fort)

Name:  Another day in pergatory 018a (640x360).jpg
Views: 251
Size:  100.1 KB
    Gained 3 treasure points! (And of course another ship!)

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Hugh

Nicely done. The Goliath was thoroughly outdone by a superior captain.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Neat work en-baying the Spaniard like that Neil.
    He literally had nowhere to go.
    I did not envisage that as a possibility when I played the scenario.
    Great little action.
    Rob.
    Last edited by Bligh; 02-15-2017 at 07:44.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Master & Commander
    UK

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Neil

This is the one before yours Rob. I've played that too. It will come when I can get online at home or back at the YM, how I was able to post this one.

Neil

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Oops sorry Neil. Stealing your thunder again. amendment made.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.