Thread: 2017 Campaign Sign-Up

Hybrid View

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Gents. Due to the scale mess up with the Wave 3 Spanish ships and my upcoming schedule of surgeries I'm going to withdraw from the Nation to Nation solo campaign at this time. I just can't muster any enthusiasm to use ships that are out of scale versus that other fleets. I will still try to do the privateer scenarios, but that may subject to extenuating circumstances as well. Time will tell. Cheers.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Really sorry to hear that Jim, but I can understand your feelings.
    I am still trying to come to terms with the disappointment after looking forward to them for so long.
    I hope that you surgery is successful and that you keep us in touch with your progress.
    When do you start?
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Really sorry to hear that Jim, but I can understand your feelings.
    I am still trying to come to terms with the disappointment after looking forward to them for so long.
    I hope that you surgery is successful and that you keep us in touch with your progress.
    When do you start?
    Rob.
    All the lead up to the operation starts next week. Surgery is March 8th and 15th. Thanks for the well wishes. I still plan on reading the forums daily, if I can see the screen that is?
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Never fear Jim you will.
    I have my screen on 200% so that I can read it.
    You can always get one of those pretty little nurses to type your reply for you.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    Gents. Due to the scale mess up with the Wave 3 Spanish ships and my upcoming schedule of surgeries I'm going to withdraw from the Nation to Nation solo campaign at this time. I just can't muster any enthusiasm to use ships that are out of scale versus that other fleets. I will still try to do the privateer scenarios, but that may subject to extenuating circumstances as well. Time will tell. Cheers.
    You are part of this group at whatever level you feel comfortable working.

1. If the major reason for your decision is the Spanish models, then pick a different country and make a new squadron. I was looking forward to watching the Dons this year so you might consider a Spanish/French squadron using the older Spanish ships and fill-in with French ships.

2. If your major concern is the surgery and how it will affect your eyes, then relax. I took over the leadership of this campaign, compiled the rules, and got people to sign up while going through cataract surgery this fall and winter. I will hold your spot open on both campaigns and you can submit whatever AARs you wish, whenever you wish and they will be included. Those that don't get done, just won't get done. No big deal.

Good luck with your surgery. You will be in my prayers. I am confident all will turn out fine.
    Bob

Rules are rough approximations of what you think I might do!