So it is with great despair I bring this bad news...............My family has two rather active four legged "fur kids". Ash and Cinder are both domestic short hair cats and being gray in color blend a little too well into any shadows that exist in our home.....They also enjoy what I affectionately call "cat racing", and are also very adept at high speed "passes" over peoples laps , tables, beds. (You can kind of get the idea of where this is going). Well my son and I decided to play a scenario with the new ships. and it was going very well for Carson, and very badly for me by the way. So we have a card table set up and are in the fifth turn when like clock work Ash begins to wind up for their regular cat race...............Faster than a set of thrown dice, two gray furballs streak under the table upsetting the counter box, so with hundreds of counters flying they knock over my son's drink into the game box, and my binder of course hits the floor and releases all the pages into said drink. Both of us made a mad dash to try to gather up the pages etc when the two sprang the second part of the katusha attack. Cinder jumps up on the table. she weighs about as much as a puff ball, no problem there, it is Ash at almost 15 lbs that creates the havoc. He lands on the table, and of course the blue cloth map with ships and ship displays etc slides. I wish I had a high speed camera because he panicked and tried to go the direction he wanted to but gravity and physics would not let him... off the end of the table and tangled up in the cloth map.. landed on the floor. It is not a pretty site to see a 15 lb panicked cat, now turned scared cat, trying to get out of a situation where they
are tangled on their backs. The general rule with cats...............panicky, angry, scared felines armed with four sets of claws and a set of teeth are not one you want to mess with so all we could do is watch as he fought his way out..............So much for the game afternoon. The only thing hurt in the making of this disaster was 4 ships with broken masts, a huge jumble of counters on the floor and a general mess to clean up. So while we were doing that and cursing the two furballs, they just sat in the shadows watching their two human staff clean up after their play time :)