Thread: A new threat to the British Fleet.

Hybrid View

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    How could they not be aware of this issue? It's a pretty far stretch to imagine that someone in the home office doesn't have ships on hand to either play the game or take to shows, etc. My confidence in Ares is dropping a great deal!
    I guess they aren't naval wargamers at heart, so probably not aware. Or maybe they just haven't taken then out of the box yet (like me - mine arrived a while back but real life issues mean I'venot had any of them out yet)

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    I guess they aren't naval wargamers at heart, so probably not aware. Or maybe they just haven't taken then out of the box yet (like me - mine arrived a while back but real life issues mean I'venot had any of them out yet)
    But one would think they'd have checked the Pre-Prod Samples... and hopefully they'll scrutinize the samples for future runs more closely. I expect Wave 3 to be like the Tripe and 109K: "oops, our bad, but it'd cost too much to retool and replace..."
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    This may be the best answer for what happened that I've seen to date.

I first brought this up last year when I did take the ships out of the boxes and started comparing them; not so much as a wargamer, but definitely as a modeler and kit basher. Even with the naked eye I knew something was up. Other issues came from other folks here (Jonas caught the backward sails, etc.).

I want my ships to be in close scale to one another so I hope this doesn't happen in Wave 4 or if/when they actually do a special of the Santisima Trinidad?!
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb