Thread: DEALS found on references!

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Default DEALS found on references!

Guys, I just happened to check my cart at Barnes & Noble, and right now they have some of the "___ Warships in the Age of Sail" series (these are the "bibles" Ares uses to build Sails) on pretty nice markdown.
    French Warships in the Age of Sail 1786-1862: list $76.95, now $47.50
    Russian Warships in the Age of Sail 1696-1860: list $85, hardcover $52.73 or NOOK digital edition $53
    Dutch Warships in the Age of Sail 1600-1714: list $78.95, now $48.73
    The BWAS Trilogy that started it all are still stupid-expensive at $100/copy, though, and they don't even offer the Nook edition on 1714-1792 that I bought.

Also, coupon code BNWILD gets you an extra 20% off one (not digital-copy) item--admittedly, it's 20% from the previous price reduction, but it's still enough to knock off a nice bit of cheddar. :) (I paid $38 plus sales tax on FWAS, about $42 final cost, and leveraged my mother's BN membership to get free express shipping.)

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good spot DB.
    The bad news for me is that I'm after the British.
    Rob.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

I'm after all but 1714-1792 in electronic format, myself... hardcopies are nice for fixed-base situations, but they get heavy and dicey for mobile operations. Not to mention when you work out of public libraries, some staffers can't tell the difference between your books and theirs until you club them over the head with one...

Most of this is for us on the WestLant side, though, too. :(