Hybrid View

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Amara View Post
    What did you use for Santissima Trinidad, or for the British second class? I'm trying to get enough models together for Trafalgar, and I'm closing in, but there are a few ships that are still unmodeled.
    Susan, I wasn't there, but right now I'd use SGN108 for Neptune/Temeraire/Dreadnought and SGN201 the other Second Rates with the stats of Royal George or Britannia; for ST I'd take a Meregildos, slightly slow the decay of its Gunnery track and -1 Veer. (ST handled like a pig, and in "terminal ballistics" terms there's no difference between her *useful* guns and Santa Ana's.) I actually have a proposal I'm working up that, if it meets Stats Committee approval for me to pitch to Ares, might let us close out what's needed with just five new sculpts.

In the meantime, many of the British 74's should use SGN102 stats rather than SGN104--there were quite a few Large and Middlings there, which were both more durable than the Commons of SGN104. Temeraires like SGN102 were Middlings in RN service, and Larges carried 24# guns on their upper decks instead of 18's.
    Last edited by Diamondback; 10-22-2020 at 10:21.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.