Thread: Ship Stats, what do they mean?

Hybrid View

Landsman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Dave

Okay, I am going to make some wild guesses at the sample pics above. Lets take the card for Brittania.

I am guessing the hand symbol stand s for, well, hands, such as 'All hands on deck'. Notice how the firepower (I guess :P) in both cannon and musketry (more guesses) dwindle as there are less hands. I figure that the '6' on the hull picture is a hull strength/rating. Perhaps we can have damage to crew and ship in this game?
    The 'A' would probably be the deck, like WoG, and the ship's wheel '3' might be speed or manouvreability?

I am thinking 'Vento' means wind? Note the colours around the edge of the ship card match the coloured arrows. If the wind is in the red zone, I guess the ship is in irons, going nowhere. Yellow and green would relate to the yellow and green arrows on the manouvre card. The 3 sail symbols on the manouvre card would be how much 'sail' the ship has on, therefore giving you the speed variables of wind and sail. I noted the thin white lines I guess you line up the base of the card with.

I wonder if the fire arcs are cumulative, or you go with the best, ie a full broadside is 5, or 4,5,4= 13?

Anyone else keen to guess, or better still, contribute some nice solid facts?

Dave

Edit, I had a look at the 'preview' link in the first post, I think I have the right idea here. Should have read that first... :rolleyes:

Edit 2; The Royal Hajj kindly moved my post here (I obviously had the telescope to the wrong eye and missed the thread) so I apologise that I covered some of the ground that had already been said. I was worried about how wind was going to be handled, but if our guesses are correct it should be a very workable system, and will make holding the weather guage a very tactical element in the game :D
    Last edited by HMS Vengence; 12-05-2011 at 21:55. Reason: Post relocated
    Klingons on the starb'd bow Cap'n... no wait, that's not right...