Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    TBH I did start down that route but I don't have the timeto see it through
    That's why we have a Stats Committee, team efforts on things like that. Maybe if you post what you had started we can help. :) (I'm not going to lie, I might find something useful to help with my Campaign Rules I'm working on too--in which case, coauthor cred and a cut of any royalties yielded are musts of course.)

I've been toying with the idea of breaking ships down into basically 12-gun "blocks" for each weight, then slowing or accelerating the decay rate based on guns over/under each "block". For example, a Large 74 would start with X number of chits for its LD of twenty-eight 32's adjusted with a slightly-slowed decay for being two over (below the half-mark, use the lower number with slower decay, above higher number and faster, in each case the closer to the half-mark the more pronounced the effect), the reverse (higher block, faster reduce) for thirty 24's, then a further number added for the upperworks guns--since there were normally sixteen whether 12pdr or carronade, one block at slow reduction. (Or for finer resolution reduce the building blocks to six or even four guns.)

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Duff View Post
    Ohh I am so looking forward to adding these to my fleets
    I have to admit Chris that with each little extra bit of information the pressure is building. I was taking it all very stoically whilst it was sometime in the future. Now the time is getting closer the excitement is growing. Only a couple of months now.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Sven is discussing the number of guns for the Santa Ana here:- http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.p...5083#post65083

Rob.