Thread: Tanks

Default Tanks

Does anyone Know someone who has play tested or know about Gale Force Nine's new game, Tanks?
    Looks like a cheap way to get into 15mm tank games.
    Cool Stuff Inc. seems to have the best price.

Check out http://tanks.gf9games.com/Depot/tabi...0/Default.aspx
    Last edited by Gunner; 04-15-2016 at 23:52.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

No. Looks like a pretty naff WW2 representation, but having said that could be ideal for a "Girls und Panzer" type of game

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    David

It is one of my son's games. He works for Battlefront Games in NZ. check out their website, he has a lot posted there and answers a lot of questions. I did a thread on the Wings site in the officers club on TANKS. He is on that site as time_lapse, enjoy! I have two starters on order too! Gotta keep my kids employed : )

I think I'll help keep your son employed Dave, and order a couple of starter sets myself. $16 for three tanks a dozen dice, the rules and everything needed to play is too cheap to not try.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

This looks like a fun and affordable game. I'll definitely check them out at Gen Con this year. Gale Force Nine always brings their full line to the convention.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Looks like GF9 changed the release date from April to May. I guess Ares doesn't have a monopoly on moving dates back.

More bad news.

TANKS Reschedule

Posted in [Uncategorized] By George at Tanks HQ

During the development and production of any product, there are always unexpected complications that arise and unfortunately TANKS is no different.

During the final stages of production we “lost a few days here and there”; we were forced to move some of the printing off to China rather than Malaysia, where our factory is, due to the complexity of the die cutting, the process of printing and packing the decks of equipment, crew and damage cards.

Our planned solution was to air-freight the initial shipments to meet our intended release date of Salute in the UK and the end of April everywhere else. This way everyone could be enjoying the game as scheduled.

But, while we were able to air-freight a small delivery of stock just in time for Salute, it became apparent that the cost of air-freighting the full initial release would not be affordable.

Unfortunately this has resulted in us having to revert back to sea freight and accept a delay on the release date. Stock will arrive in the UK at the end of May, and in the US for early June.

We know that you will be as disappointed as we are, but we feel that TANKS is worth the wait.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Sounding more and more like another company and product line we're familiar with, eh?

Thanks for the update, Gunner.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Sounds like another gaming company which hasn't figured out Rule One of Getting Product To Market On Time: "Do not deal with China."