Quote Originally Posted by TexaS View Post
It's really an iPhone-app but it works on an iPad too.

I've been in contact with Ares and they were very positive to it, especially as I wanted it to be free of charge.

Before I can release it I will have to sign some papers that all rights to Sails of Glory is still theirs. I don't mind giving them the source code too as long as I can still use it too.

I haven't really discussed what ships I may include but some unofficial I would guess would be okay and the starter perhaps. The rest you would be able to make yourself by modifying a copy from the ones I supply.

It might have been finished by about now if I hadn't hurt my main hand and had it in cast for six weeks before Christmas. Now I have to understand my old code and develop the rest of it. I use it by entering data about the ships in the code directly.

I have also understood that some play with a few "home rules" that I would like to make possible. (Like allowing for three broken masts instead of two as in RAW.)

I would say it might be available about some time this summer, and only for Apple iOS.
great news!
My iPhone is waiting (also for a testflight )