Thread: Unbelievable Deal

Default Unbelievable Deal

Probably won't help much unless you're soon going to be in the Dallas area, but I found the most incredible clearance deal on Sails of Glory and Wings of Glory items at a store there. There were about a dozen various frigates and about a dozen various ships of the line, including an Imperial, on clearance at $5 for frigates and $6 for ships of the line.

WOG planes were $4 for fighters, $5 for two seaters, and $8.75 for the large planes. And they weren't just the weak sellers. There were SPADs, Fokker tri-planes, and lots more. Also they had all three of the WOG mats going for $8.75 each.

After staring in disbelief for a while and trying to make up my mind what to get, I finally narrowed what I got to several WOG items.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Are you up for some proxy buying?

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Hugh

What's the store?

Quote Originally Posted by Clipper1701 View Post
    Are you up for some proxy buying?
    Unfortunately I do not know when I will be back in that area. I live in East Texas, about 2 hours from the store, and currently getting ready for trips to Washington D. C. and New York. The items don't seem to be moving, particularly SOG, and the games not played much in the Dallas area, thus the cheap prices, so they may be around for a while. When I go back I will post on the forum and get something set up so I can contact people while I am there and let them know what is available and pick up items for them. I did ask about the store doing mail order and they don't do it.

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Hugh

I have lots of friends in Dallas that owe me favors! I might be able to get them to get it, perhaps the store might even mail it for a fee?

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    J

I would like to stop by and pick up a few and maybe a mat. I have a really small fleet and am responsible for supplying everything for my game group so this would be a huge help.

The store is Madness Games and Comics in Plano, on the north end of the Dallas area. The place is huge and I try to go by there whenever I go to Dallas. I've asked and they do not do mail order. Here are links to their site and facebook pages:

https://www.facebook.com/madnessgames

http://www.madnessgames.com/

Name:  madness_sm.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  83.7 KB

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Hugh

Haha! I've been there loads of times when I lived in Dallas! Small world