Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Reg

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Placed a pre-order for 3 to try them out
    Hi Ed
    Have you received them yet and will you be posting a report with pics?
    I've almost made up my mind to go with the KR Multicase custom trays but I could still be pushed in a different direction.
    Reg

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Maturin View Post
    Hi Ed
    Have you received them yet and will you be posting a report with pics?
    I've almost made up my mind to go with the KR Multicase custom trays but I could still be pushed in a different direction.
    Reg
    Reg,

These will not be delivered until about mid January. Right now they are just on pre-order. There are quite a few people out there with my ACE Hangar trays that could have you a good review on the quality of them. To give you and idea of how much protection my tray give, I can place a single tray on my desk (filled with minis) and i can sit on it. I'm about 150 pounds and I sit with all my weight on the tray and the minis are just fine. The micro cell foam that I use is supper soft and smooth, but it hardly compresses at all. You can also load one up with 6 Albatros D.Va minis, with their all metal bodies, and hold it by one end of the tray and it will not bend. I'm sure you have seen/held KR trays before. Could you do either of those two things with their tray?

The other major difference between their trays and mine are that I store everything you need for a ship right in the same tray. No need to dig though different trays or boxes to find the components you need to sail the ship. The one draw back to this setup is it takes up more room in the tray so you get less minis per tray. To offset this somewhat, my trays will hold every type of ship. This makes them a little more flexible as your collection grows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal Hajj View Post
    Reg,

These will not be delivered until about mid January. Right now they are just on pre-order. There are quite a few people out there with my ACE Hangar trays that could have you a good review on the quality of them. To give you and idea of how much protection my tray give, I can place a single tray on my desk (filled with minis) and i can sit on it. I'm about 150 pounds and I sit with all my weight on the tray and the minis are just fine. The micro cell foam that I use is supper soft and smooth, but it hardly compresses at all. You can also load one up with 6 Albatros D.Va minis, with their all metal bodies, and hold it by one end of the tray and it will not bend. I'm sure you have seen/held KR trays before. Could you do either of those two things with their tray?

The other major difference between their trays and mine are that I store everything you need for a ship right in the same tray. No need to dig though different trays or boxes to find the components you need to sail the ship. The one draw back to this setup is it takes up more room in the tray so you get less minis per tray. To offset this somewhat, my trays will hold every type of ship. This makes them a little more flexible as your collection grows.
    I hope you won't be offended if I don't try sitting on one with my 175 pound frame.