Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889 LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,400 of 4777

Thread: Favourite Nautical related tipple.

Hybrid View

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Attached Images Attached Images  
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by TexaS View Post
    Well, I thought it was a cool thing and it was definately nautical.

Glad to be of service.
    It certainly was Jonas and I am rapidly running out of beers of my own to submit. I think about another month and I will be finished.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Achim

A souvenir from our vacation in France, départements Nord / Pas-de-Calais.

On a local "fête des bieres" I discovered a booth from the "brasserie-artisanale-white-star" and bought triplet of their "Majestic"-beer series.
    I have only tried the "Pale Ale Triple" yet, which is excellent, so I am looking forward to open the other bottles

Name:  001_Majestic.jpg
Views: 1087
Size:  130.7 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

HMS Erebus was a Hecla-classbomb vessel constructed by the Royal Navy in Pembroke dockyard, Wales, in 1826. The vessel was the second in the Royal Navy named after Erebus, the dark region of Hades in Greek mythology.

The 372-ton ship was armed with two mortars – one 13 in (330 mm) and one 10 in (254 mm) – and 10 guns. The ship took part in the Ross expedition of 1839–1843, and was abandoned in 1848 during the third Franklin expedition. The sunken wreck was discovered by the Canadian Victoria Strait expedition in September 2014.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

To accompany their Erebus Winterlong have also produced Terror.

In 1845, explorer Sir John Franklin set sail from England with two ships, HMS Erebus and HMS Terror, in search of a Northwest Passage across what is now Canada's Arctic. The ships and crew were last seen by Inuit on King William Island and never returned to England. Their apparent disappearance, prompted a massive search that continued unsuccessfully for nearly 170 years.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Here’s one I doubt has been posted before.

It’s a private bottling for my brother, my stepdad, and me.

The pictures at the bottom of the label are of us sailing on Tre Kronor af Stockholm.
    Last edited by Bligh; 09-28-2021 at 00:42.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Great one Jonas, and thank you for posting this. Certainly not one we have seen.
    I have about four more weeks drinks left before I have to stop. S many drinks later it is getting hard to remember what has been already posted so I can only rely on those I am sure I have not seen before.

Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Another Figurehead.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Achim

Name:  L1160623.jpg
Views: 1111
Size:  154.0 KB

Found this at my local Craft-beer store last week.
    I think I will buy some cans for our next sailing-trip

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks for the input Achim.
    I am starting to run short of examples.
    It has spurred me on to go seek another one now.
    Rob.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Achim

Name:  L1140548.jpg
Views: 1124
Size:  140.0 KB

I found another example in the photos on my hard drive:
    Norderney is a popular vacation island at the german wadden sea coast.
    Since 2012 it has its own craft-beer brewery. (Always when I think I have a good business idea someone is faster than me ).
    The Norderneyer Pils is a "good-to-drink", straightforward Pils beer, the brewery's pub is always a visit worth if you are on the island.
    If I remeber correctly the island of Norderney is also one of the settings in Erskine Childers' novel "The riddle of the sands" (1903) - at least it is in the German TV series from the 80ies.
    The island's lighthouse, which can be seen on the label of the bottle, is still in service and can be visited in the summer.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

My offering for today is:-

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Achim

Name:  L1160622.jpg
Views: 999
Size:  140.8 KB

Here is my last example for the moment.

It is another souvenir from our trip to France this autumn.
    The "La Bas Varoise" brewery is a small enterprise in southern France, in the vicinity of St-Cyr-sur-mer.
    The "nautical relation" of the "Bière marine" is not achieved with the simple label, but with the ingredients:
    The beer is flavoured with sea salt from the Mediterranean.
    Last edited by Argo; 12-23-2021 at 08:37.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Cheers!

Wish you all quiet and peacfull Christmas days in your homeports.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And to you my dear Comte.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Now here is a Christmas special I have been saving for you all.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Achim

This is really the perfect beer for this occasion.
    I will try to get it next year.
    Also from my side a merry christmas to all of you

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

I am spending the holiday season in Scotland with my daughter....I saw this pub in Glasgow and thought of you all....

Name:  Abandon Ship Pub 1.jpg
Views: 1082
Size:  122.8 KB

In this festive holiday season, I fully embrace the pub's credo:

Name:  Abandon Ship Pub 2.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  214.5 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Have a very happy Christmas Bill.
    Just sorry we still can't meet up.
    I will drink a wee dram this evening in your honour.
    I may end up abandoned, but as a well known naval hero of yours once advocated * "I won't give up the ship."

Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And here is my Christmas day tipple from the same source.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

My motto for today.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

From the Vocation Brewery at Hebden Bridge, Yorkshire comes a New England Pale Ale called Perfect Storm.

Name:  PS-01_1024x1024@2x.jpg
Views: 999
Size:  133.7 KB

I saw it on sale in my local ASDA store yesterday.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Landsman
    France

Log Entries
    Name
    Chee

A new find that was offered to me

Too bad you can't share it with the crew of my ship

Name:  black spiced SoG.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  168.0 KB

Very flavored there is: sugar, caramel, natural cherry flavor, vanilla, cocoa, cinnamon, clove & nutmeg; and of course Caribbean rhum

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Nice one Chee.
    I will have to find something good for today. Getting close to having exhausted the nautical beers range now.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Achim

In our this year's summer vacation I found something to revive this old thread:
    Of course the Aland islands have their own craft beer brewery, Stallhagen.
    And of course they make a beer named after their islands' popular symbol:
    Pommern Pale Ale

Name:  L1170106.jpg
Views: 1377
Size:  121.2 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Nice one Achim, and good of you to keep my thread going with this life support intervention.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

One I just came across.
    Rob.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Lt. William Bush

96 Pages of sea-related beverages. I say!

Thankfully, the deck of the ship is careening in the swell to support everyone standing straight!

Let the men drink another tot.

Lt. Bush
    "Jeder Krieg, auch der siegreiche, ist ein Unglück für das eigene Volk, denn kein Landerwerb, keine Milliarden können Menschenleben ersetzen und die Trauer der Familien aufwiegen."
    Helmuth von Moltke d. Ä.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Achim

This weekend we made a trip to Bruges in Belgium.
    If you are interested in beer and/or chocolate this is the place to visit.
    Among the incredible amount of different beers sold all over in the town I found one with a "Nautical" label I haven't seen before.
    The "Pannepot vintage ale" is a strong, dark brown ale from Flanders.

The "story" behind it, as it was told to me: The beer is a tribute to the Ale drunken by local fishermen from a village called "De Panne" at the coast of Flanders, and their boats were called "Pannepots".

Name:  L1170187.jpg
Views: 1282
Size:  120.6 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks for propping up this thread Achim. I thought it was all but extinct.

Rob.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Lt. William Bush

As it happens, today I threw away a beer bottle that would have fit here. It had a ship on it and the brandname was "Störtebeker" (a notorious pirate of the time of the Hanse). We drank it during our first round of SoG. I found a picture in the net, though.

Probably, it was the first one in that row:

Name:  Bier.JPG
Views: 1271
Size:  84.4 KB

Lt. Bush
    "Jeder Krieg, auch der siegreiche, ist ein Unglück für das eigene Volk, denn kein Landerwerb, keine Milliarden können Menschenleben ersetzen und die Trauer der Familien aufwiegen."
    Helmuth von Moltke d. Ä.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Nice one William.
    We really ran out of wind on this one with the passing of Admiral Naharaht (Dave) last year.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Here is one I just happened to find whilst looking for a book.
    Admirals Old J Dark Spiced Rum.

Landsman
    France

Log Entries
    Name
    Chee

Already seen on this site but always a pleasure to taste

Name:  IMG_4046.jpg
Views: 1183
Size:  186.5 KB

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Lt. William Bush

Name:  Heul nicht rum.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  95.5 KB

Found this picture, did not have a chance to drink it, though:

It is some German wordplay:

heulen / rumheulen = to whine
    Rum = rum

Heul nicht rum = Don`t whine! / Cut whining! OR "Don't whine" rum

Lt. Bush

P.S.
    The best thing about German humour (mark the humour not humor - this is serious):
    The joke has to be explained...
    Helmuth von Moltke d. Ä.