Thread: Favourite Nautical related tipple.

Hybrid View

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Reg

Default Flights of Fancy?

I like Sharp's Doom Bar, both the taste and the name. Could have Nautical connotations? A dark night, a hidden sandbank, a strong wind! That sort of thing.Name:  31dover-doombar_1.jpg
Views: 29174
Size:  2.3 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I think that is pushing my brief a bit too far Reg, but I do like your thinking.
    As they don't explain the actual meaning on the bottle I will let you run with that one, but I don't want anyone else getting fancy Board of the Admiralty ideas like this one. Keep to the script . If you want a thread on drinks in general open another thread please.
    Rob.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Reg

Default Severe or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    I think that is pushing my brief a bit too far Reg, but I do like your thinking.
    As they don't explain the actual meaning on the bottle I will let you run with that one, but I don't want anyone else getting fancy Board of the Admiralty ideas like this one. Keep to the script . If you want a thread on drinks in general open another thread please.
    Rob.
    Sorry, I didn't know that the label had to tell a story which is why I made one up. Quite a good one I thought!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

It was an excellent tale Reg, and you don't need to tell a story. It is just that the beer must have a picture with an actual nautical theme. I can see I did not set the parameters accurately enough. A ship, sailor or dockyard, or even mermaid or whale might pass, but an iceberg might be pushing it a bit, because the connection is a bit more obtuse.
    Let's open it up a bit and see how ingenious people can be then. Doom bar is in!
    Rob.