It seems as if Neil has hit the nail on the head suggesting the Starter Set as a good point to begin our 2016 campaign. I like himself have only really had ships since last year, and did not put in much time here until I got into this year's Solo trial run.
Having now sampled the goods, I would not like to be stuck on single ship actions for the whole year. My interests have got broader as have my three fleets. It would be a shame to consign thirty of my ships to the shelf, because I have no other people who play with me outside this solo game, unlike Wings, where I get lots of chances to play with all my aircraft.
To this end I would like to suggest an alternative which may well suit all players. Some of our wings games were open ended in such a way that the scenario could be played by a couple of aircraft of whichever sort you could muster, but for those players with the will and means at their disposal, could be extended to larger units. Maybe we could include some of this type of games into our schedule between the single ship actions. I would also like to be able to develop my characters further, as this adds interest to the AARs, which if they were confined simply to a proforma report, I would personally find a chore, and lose all incentive to bother doing them. I also feel that the Sails site would loose out if we did not have any of these interesting story lines to draw in the membership.
These are simply my personal feelings, and as such should not influence the way that you all decide to run next year's campaign. It is after all the majority who must decide.
Rob.