Quote Originally Posted by Union Jack View Post
With 2015 being a test the rules year I though covering the wide gambit of single ship, multiple ship and even small fleet actions would give something for everybody and test out the rules Eric put up as a start and other players added to as we progressed. The merchant rules may I say being one of the best additions and the land action cards too.

Neil
Not being active in the solo campaign at this time I hesitate to post this, but if I may make a general suggestion for 2016 please keep it somewhat simple and accessible to new players? Not everyone is going to have the same number of ships or accessories to participate in a overly complex campaign.

Also, I found time itself to be a huge factor in participation. In almost all cases I spent more time on the AAR write up than I did on playing out the scenarios themselves. Eventually I had more fun playing the scenarios and found the AAR portion to be more like work and not particularly fun? So, as you work to standardize the rosters, ranks, etc., perhaps some form for AAR reporting could be developed that would streamline the process for those who can't or don't wish to include photos and a story driven narrative?

Involvement in the solo campaign is completely voluntary of course, but those new to the site and Sails of Glory should feel they can jump in at any point and not feel like they've missed out and can never catch up.

Cheers!