Thread: Return of the Vac-U-Form!

Hybrid View

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    David

When I think back on the"toys" we had! In my last move I sadly gave away my gas furnace and molds for making lead soldiers. I remember going to gas stations to collect used wheel weights to melt down and pour. Dangerous but fun!! How did we survive?
    Last edited by Clipper1701; 09-10-2015 at 07:56.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

In spite of having a workshop at home with almost everything I used to have at work, there are several things that I miss. One is a Milling Machine, but most of all I miss not having an injection moulding machine and a Vac-former.
    This thread has reawakened an interest lying dormant for ten years.
    Rob.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Clipper1701 View Post
    When I think back on the"toys" we had! In my last move I sadly gave away my gas furnace and molds for making lead soldiers. I remember going to gas stations to collect used wheel weights to melt down and pour. Dangerous but fun!! How did we survive?
    Jeff Foxworthy talked about this: "We had a 900-lb. TV on a TV tray; the rule was 'Let him pull it onto his head a few times -- he'll learn'. 'Oh, you want to put that penny in the light socket, you go on ahead and do that. *OH*, that hurt like hell, didn't it? Don't do that no more.'"

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Kenneth

Quote Originally Posted by Clipper1701 View Post
    I had a lot of playmates when I was young with nick-names like "Stumpy". We survived, but a lot didn't without being maimed or scarred for life. It's better now. I shudder to think what my grandchild would do with such things. I guess I would just name him "stumps".