Thread: The progress of wargaming in recent times

Hybrid View

I thought Harpoon was brilliant right up through the 3rd edition. In the 4th when you had to compare Missile Gen vs ATA to come up with an intercept probability, they lost me. I still haul out 3rd ED and play a game every once in a while. 4ed makes very good table coasters. I met Larry Bond at a convention many years ago. Didn't get to play with him, but he seemed like a great guy, very smart! No offense meant to the author, but you can get so technical that a game bogs down in minutia.

On the Bolt Action side, I agree about the Fire Teams, I'm an former infantryman, so the concept makes perfect sense. I wanted to try incorporating a fire team concept, but haven't played in about 6 months. The game was really hot around here for about a year and then it cooled off and people are playing other things. Still one of my current favorites though.

2nd Lieutenant
    Great Britain

Log Entries
    Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Lydia View Post
    On the Bolt Action side, I agree about the Fire Teams, I'm an former infantryman, so the concept makes perfect sense. I wanted to try incorporating a fire team concept, but haven't played in about 6 months. The game was really hot around here for about a year and then it cooled off and people are playing other things. Still one of my current favorites though.
    I agree wholeheartedly! - my WW2 skirmish rules work with the Fire Team as their basic element - if you want to see them go to our club downloads page

Quote Originally Posted by Herkybird View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly! - my WW2 skirmish rules work with the Fire Team as their basic element - if you want to see them go to our club downloads page
    Looking at rules and QRS. Interesting.
    Last edited by HMS Lydia; 07-01-2015 at 11:19.