Threaded View

2nd Lieutenant
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Rory

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Thank you for sharing, Rory.

If I understood correctly, you'll adopt this rule set for large engagements going forward. That would be quite the endorsement.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing how these work for actions with perhaps a dozen ships a side. My own plans to give the rules a good run out have been stalled due to the unpleasant interference of some very nasty real world issues but hopefully in the not too distant future....
    Hi All,
    Jim,
    I will try for photos for the next game. This one was for rules only, to how they worked.

Eric,
    I would use them as they stand for 1-1200 scale games and for big games eg my "big Bash" last October. I think they would be also very good for 1-2400 scale ships, with half ranges and movement. But for the smaller games 1 to 4 ships a side, Keep them on the shelf! The only thing not so good is no fleet stats for the Swedes or Turks fleets and no stats for smaller warships than 6th rate. But Ryan has given states for merchants and some of the normally left out nations.

David,
    Sorry to hear life is getting in the way of ships! I do understand that. I was looking forward to your take on them.
    This is the frist rule set that I have played than does not get you to test for sailing into the wind. Once you are In-irons only 6's can get any movement. If you do not get a sailing point you get 1 free sailing point. Except if you are In-irons you get no free sailing points. 1st rates get 3 to 4 sailing points (dice) so it can be hard to get moving. I must ask Ryan about this.
    The rules say if you move under 2 inches you get an Anchor token. So if you are In-irons and can't move (no sailing points) do you get an Anchor token too?
    Tacking too is a one move thing. So you move 2 inches and tack. It costs 2 sailing points to do this. As said above this can be hard to do with larger ships as they have a low number of sailing dice. Just my thoughts on the rules after 1 game. It is nice not having lots of bits to look through for each ship.
    I hope the big win with the rule will be with the larger games. I will see in July?
    Be safe
    Rory
    Last edited by Devsdoc; 06-22-2015 at 09:45.