When HMS Victory and USS Constitution arrived I thought they both deserved some special attention; rigging and ratlines at least and probably some repainting. As it turned out I focused more on the masts and deck than the hull itself so that's original. I did chop off the spritsail and then added a boat in back. I've gone back to Langton ratlines as they're less fiddly to apply and more durable for actual game play. Unfortunately, due to the scale difference even the 3D Langton ratlines aren't large enough to reach convincingly up the masts. So I took some extra ratlines and cut them down to fill in as futtock shrouds (I think that's the right term?). It goes a long way to disguising the shortness of the ratlines themselves.

I've got some pennants and flags coming from Waterloo Minis so I'm not completely finished, but I thought I'd toss up some pictures just the same. Photo quality is not the best as I didn't set up the entire light box, etc. I'll take better shots when she's done. Cheers!

Name:  USSCon1.jpg
Views: 1094
Size:  98.2 KB

Name:  USSCon2.jpg
Views: 1054
Size:  141.9 KB

Name:  USSCon3.jpg
Views: 1081
Size:  134.6 KB

Name:  USSCon4.jpg
Views: 1040
Size:  94.8 KB