Thread: Stats for Victory and Constitution?

Hybrid View

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Beware of Wiki (unless its Wikileaks then its all true ). Lots of good stuff there, but also lots of stuff that, being polite, is not quite as well researched or balanced as it could be. I'm generally happy using it as a jumping off point to more reliable sources if its something I'm particularly interested in. But some pages have turned into real battlegrounds of opinion (often throwing fact to the winds as contributors fight endlessly through revision and counter revision), and the "talk" pages of many make for extremely entertaining reading And I've come across the "cult of wiki" a few times, where an event or fact "obviously hasn't happened" because its not on wikipedia - one of my chums had fun with a particularly vehement proponent of this who shouted him down over the main armament of a ship because wiki said it had 15" guns so it MUST be right - despite plenty or reputable sources saying 16", so my friend amended the page temporarily to say that the ship sported a pink paint scheme with purple spots and tweaked the other guys tail about how Wiki said it so it must be true

Anyway, summing up, I'm with Jonas on this one, I reckon they got the stats about right, within the stat range limits of the system - but that's another story!

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Beware of Wiki (unless its Wikileaks then its all true ). Lots of good stuff there, but also lots of stuff that, being polite, is not quite as well researched or balanced as it could be. I'm generally happy using it as a jumping off point to more reliable sources if its something I'm particularly interested in. But some pages have turned into real battlegrounds of opinion (often throwing fact to the winds as contributors fight endlessly through revision and counter revision), and the "talk" pages of many make for extremely entertaining reading
    On that note: the wikipedia pages for the Bucentaure (French 80) vs the Constitution are staggering to look at. The Bucentaure displaced 1600+ tones whereas the Constitution displaced over 2000!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Constitution
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French...entaure_(1803)

Connie was just a bigger ship unless someone got something wrong... I'm truly curious if those stats for Connie are accurate, because it just looks wrong to me