Thread: Origins 2015 Event Registration is online!

Cool Origins 2015 Event Registration is online!

Wanted to let all our Ship Captains know that Registration for Origins 2015 Events is now live online on the Origins 2015 Events Website The Buckeye Gamers in Flight, The Sails of Glory Anchorage, and The Wings of Glory Aerodrome are proud to be hosting 23 separate events over 5 days... including Sails of Glory, Wings of Glory WWI, and Wings of Glory WWII. Events will be run by The Royal Hajj, 7eat51, CappyTom, Blackrose, Lord Nelson, The Cowman (that's me), and Union Jack, this year's Wings of Glory Aerodrome Lend Lease participant!

While online Event registration has recently opened, online Badge registration may be closing soon... and our events have limited seating and are sure to fill up quickly. Basically, if you are looking to join us at the convention this year, I highly recommend that you jump on it as soon as possible, and avoid the lines at the convention!!!!!

Our annual banquet will be held at The 94th Aero Squadron on Thursday the 4th. It looks as if transportation will be provided to and from the restaurant, therefore the imbibing of some rum will not be an issue!

We can't tell you how much we all look forward to seeing you at the convention. Columbus Ohio, June 3rd - 7th!

I thought you guys would like to know that Ares games has posted a page promoting our Events at Origins 2015!!

Also, does anyone here have suggestions for sites related to sailing games or gaming in general to post and promote our events? I have posted press releases to BoardgameGeek, Armchair General, local gaming groups at Meetup.com, and all over Facebook. Any help would be appreciated!

I can't come this year, comrades.

I'll miss Eric's SoG games.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Sadly, Origins is just out of my league! Good luck to all of the GMs and attendees who make it happen!!
    "War is the greatest game Man can play!" BG George B. McClellan

Ordinary Seaman
    Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Ann

I am so looking forward to seeing everyone at Origins. Counting down to June 3!

During last year Origins, you sunk one of my French Temeraire class ships, Ann.

Have this still in good memory.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

I do wish I could make Origins some year?! I'll be content with Gen Con, but I've heard so many folks say they enjoy Origins because it's a bit more relaxed and laid back. Gen Con is hardly that.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

It will be great seeing you, Ann.

Jim, it truly is a relaxing environment, and being with folks from here and the 'Drome makes the trip special.

Sven, you will definitely be missed. We will raise a glass in your honor.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

Man, oh man, wish I could be there! Truly looks to be "A Health to the Company!" , I send my hearty best wishes for a successful venture and good time to be had by all! Mind the rummin' though lasses and lads, for the lubbers can be uninitiated in the ways of seafolk enjoying some time ashore. :) But seriously, have a good time everyone.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

For those of us unable to attend Origins 2015 I discovered a number of video logs or vlogs that supplied some coverage and behind the scenes of the event.

My favorite is a series posted by Tiffany aka TheOneTAR. Several days of the convention this year are posted although I don't think she's wrapped stuff up yet as I see nothing past Day Four on her channel? I'll embed her first video here and the rest you can find on YouTube.

Marcowargamer also has some Origins impressions up on his YouTube channel too, but they are focused on specific games. https://www.youtube.com/user/marcowargamer/videos

Cheers!
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

2nd Lieutenant
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Ulrich

hey comrades, have a lot of fun there...

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Good times were had by all.

Probably tomorrow, I will write a little debriefing.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato