Hybrid View

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Comte de Brueys View Post
    As far as I know had Revolutionary/Napoleonic French frigates the better design, construction and stability.

The RN was very happy each time they were able to incorporate a French frigate in service
    French ships were designed for very different roles, where speed in ideal conditions was valued above seaworthiness, structural strength and the ability to carry the stores and water for sustained cruising, so its not as simple as saying one country built "better" ships than the other (a bit like WW1 battleship and battlecruiser designs, the requirements against which British and German ships were designed were significantly different and that was reflected in the ships themselves, a "detail" that even trained technical observers fail to pick up on).

British frigates tended to be more heavily built and "full", leading to them generally being a bit slower, but that heavily built and full form tended to be stronger so if anything they should have larger burdens than their French counterparts. That said, with the fidelity of the stat system in SGN using the same for both would be entirely reasonable

David,

I hope the stats committee, officially releases a corrected/alternate Amazon.

Everyone:

TOS and Enterprise (Enterprise would have been slightly better had they not allowed in the Borg) is Trek. Although I have to say, Ido enjoy the JJ relaunched series of movies.

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Lydia View Post
    Enterprise (Enterprise would have been slightly better had they not allowed in the Borg)...
    Actually I thought the whole Suliban Time Travel War thing wrecked it (well before the Borg) - should have been more TOS meets Voyager out discovering new races, empires, technology, etc - not fighting a "Temporal Cold War" when they have barely learnt how to use Warp Drives!!!!!