Thread: Suggestion for a New Sub-Heading

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Default Suggestion for a New Sub-Heading

I have read numerous posts around the forum concerning suggested changes, additions, or House Rules, and often noting one or more posters stating that they would include this or that idea in their games to see what comes of them. We have a section for rules questions, House Rules, General Discussion, and the "Chippy Shop". These ideas and suggestions are scattered over a number of headings, but they are easy to follow if you're interested in following any particular thread. What we don't really have though is a central heading where folks can post the actual results of these ideas, suggestions, or planned house rules in games they've played, so everyone can see if it might be something they wish to adopt in their own games. Maybe if we had one central heading where results could be posted, and tracked it could help provide data that could be used to pass on to the folks at ARES for adoption. If nothing else it would give all of us the opportunity to try out some of these ideas and let others know what results came about, how many games were played, and other useful recommendations and information. We could call it "House Rules Results", or something truly nautical if preferred.
    "War is the greatest game Man can play!" BG George B. McClellan

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

I like this idea. I would only suggest that 'results' include some graphical examples. As I'm a visual learner walls of text are often a waste of time and something of a turnoff.