Thread: Tacking action?

Hybrid View

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Lately, we have been playing on a larger surface, using blue felt for the playing boundaries. It opens up more possibilities than the smaller mats. With the exception of writing scenarios for the solo campaign, I will probably continue to play on larger surfaces; like you pointed out, I don't like the automatic surrender due to crossing the edge.
    I've thought that if a ship is forced to leave the playing area it should be allowed to reenter two or three turns later, and say two to three base lengths from it's original point of departure. I don't care much either for the automatic surrender deal.
    "War is the greatest game Man can play!" BG George B. McClellan

Quote Originally Posted by John Paul View Post
    I've thought that if a ship is forced to leave the playing area it should be allowed to reenter two or three turns later, and say two to three base lengths from it's original point of departure. I don't care much either for the automatic surrender deal.
    We are definitely "shifters"--if a ship is about to go off the edge, we move all the ships an equal amount so there is space. In theory this wouldn't work if the ships were widely spread out across the map, but in practice I can't recall that ever happening...