Thread: La Diana

Default La Diana

Maybe someone can help me out. Several years back, GHQ sold two frigates listed as La Diana and I purchased both. It was the same model, but one was British and the other's stock number, 400 series, was the same as the Spanish but the series number may have been used for nations other than France, Britain and the US. The British model was dropped from the GHQ catalog not long after. One was listed as 34 gun and the other 38. I have not been able to sort this out with my research of the topic. Was the model the same ship or an error by GHQ?

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Just taking a guess here, but was it ever captured and used with a different number of guns?

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal Hajj View Post
    Just taking a guess here, but was it ever captured and used with a different number of guns?
    I was thinking that but cannot find anything on it.

Hope this helps!

if you run a search on this site (threedecks.org) for "Diana" you will also find another 20-30 ships of the same name of various ratings. The classification of the Spanish as a SOL above is probably a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    Hope this helps!

if you run a search on this site (threedecks.org) for "Diana" you will also find another 20-30 ships of the same name of various ratings. The classification of the Spanish as a SOL above is probably a typo.
    I checked the site. The GHQ model must be the Spanish 34 and when the model first came out there must have been an error with the model being listed also s a British ship. That's probably why the British listing disappeared from the GHQ catalog. Thanks.