Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
Fred, did I ever send you my draft on special rules for the Indian Ocean campaign I'm putting together?
I would be seriously interested in this DB! I have been mulling over a Mauritius Campaign after reading O'Brien's book. I have downloaded a fair amount of background, maps and documents, and have obtained Vol 5 of the History of the RN. The things I have been pondering over have been the use of troops,landing them in boats, the forts, the routes of the EIC and other merchant ships/fleets en route to Britain, etc.. So far I think a campaign map would be in hex format, maybe based along the lines of 1805 Sea of Glory. The map would need to reach from the Cape up to somewhere near Bangladesh. Maybe even a second map for going further east!

I would be most grateful for any input members might have. Maybe others besides DB are working on this.

Recently came across this site which will help. Down the bottom there is a link for a kmz file that, when loaded, gives you a month by month overlay in Google Earth of prevailing winds around the planet. Damned impressive I must say! Check it out, but you must have Google Earth. http://www.pitufa.at/2010/12/prevailing-ocean-winds/

Cheers