Thread: X-Wing Sale on New Models

Default X-Wing Sale on New Models

Since we have discussed X-Wing here before, I thought I might share this. CoolStuffInc has X-Wing's two newest releases, the YT-2400 and Decimator, included in their Daily Sale list for today at just a bit over half price.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/page/1175

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

I was about to purchase these, having purchased the Imperial Aces when they were on sale not too long ago. Then I decided to forego X-Wing completely. I would have to invest a lot to catch up on a genre that I am not invested in, only to have a game that I think could attract my students; I can always borrow from George (CelticCat) if such an occasion arises. I will now look for a good home for the Imperial Aces; should have kept the boxes.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Forgot to mention that I opted to enter the world of Memoir 44 instead of the X-Wing purchases. From all I have read, it appears to be a light and quick WWII-based game. It looks like the kind of game George and I can fit in when we have an hour before dinner, or when our wives want to watch Diners … - whatever that show is where the guy visits dives. We ate at one of the places he covered on our way to the WWI anniversary event at the USAF Air Force Museum - a tamale place in Indy; the food was quite tasty.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    Since we have discussed X-Wing here before, I thought I might share this. CoolStuffInc has X-Wing's two newest releases, the YT-2400 and Decimator, included in their Daily Sale list for today at just a bit over half price.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/page/1175
    Feh -- I can get these from Barnes & Noble at a discount (member bonus :) ).

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

And now, get set to spend even more money. . .X Wing Imperial Raider!! This news slipped past me, but I see now you can pre order via a number of online sites.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed....asp?eidn=5274

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to B&N I go.... :)