Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
Any other thoughts on the following, found in post #2? Rules are found here: http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.p...Campaign-Rules

1. Maneuvering
2. Crew Damage Effects of Captains
3. Capturing Captains
4. Disengagement

Any other thoughts on the Solo Maneuver Charts - in post #5?
Eric, I'm biased because I've used these rules enough so that they're comfortable and seem to work well enough in the solo games I've played. Others might not feel the same?

With that said:

1. Maneuvering seems good using the charts and tables as worked on by Fred and others. If any scenario requires the AI to move towards a static object then Rolf's additional maneuver rules might need to be used?

(There's also the issue of Richard Bradley's solo rules for maneuvering, which I've look at only briefly. They appear to use a similar formula as his Wings solo rules, which entails using separate charts depending on the AI's maneuver deck plus you have to factor in windward advantage. I'm more intrigued by the current WoG solo discussions involving the Universal Diceless Solo Deck. All of this for later discussion?)

2. Crew damage effects can add up quickly and the effect on the Captain's can be devastating. Seems reasonable when you read actual accounts of battle, but the downside is getting attached to a captain, etc. only to lose him in battle. (Reading some of the recent Wings AAR's points out how much of a bummer that can be).

3. Seems straight forward enough. I'm fine with it. Did we ever discuss ransoming your captains back should they be taken in battle?

4. Also seems pretty clear and reasonable.

The only thing I'd mention involves keeping track of nos. 2, 3 and 4. It's very easy to overlook them in the heat of battle, but they're all important enough that you really need to pay close attention to them.

Thanks for all you work in moving this forward. Cheers!