Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Default 2015 Solo Campaign Discussions

Hello Everyone,

Starting in January, we will embark on a year-long solo campaign comprised of 12 monthly scenarios. Participants will choose a side for which they want to sail - British or French. Participants will take turns developing a monthly scenario, and all participants will sail such scenarios and write associated AARs. The scenarios need not be actual reenactments; they can be adapted from historical engagements or be completely fictitious, but plausible, situations. What is required in each scenario is the use of released ship types, for example a British third rate vs. two French frigates, without the use of specific ship names; given the diversity among participant collections, the more generic the ship requirements, the better.

For the first few months, at the least, we will use the basic set of solo rules. As the year progresses, we can add more advanced rules as they are developed; the solo campaign provides an opportunity to test new rules.

Each participant will develop a roster of ship captains, and based on scenario outcomes, those captains can accrue skills/abilities. If you are interested in participating, please let me know. I am in the process of moving the previous rosters to a new googlesheet under a new gmail account. Any solo scenarios played during 2014 with submitted rosters will count toward captain advancement; for those currently sailing under non-British or French flags, a simple name change could be made if desired. For 2015, though, we'll be keeping to British and French navies.

If you are willing to write a scenario, please let me know for which month.

We will use this forum to flesh things out during December. At the end of the month, I will create additional forums with all the rules, etc.

Rosters

British
    • Eric (7eat51)
    • Neil (Union Jack)
    • Finn (TexSwede)
    • Charles (CSherrange)

French
    • Jim (Nightmoss)
    • Matthias (spiessbuerger)
    • Kevin (Ozariig)
    • Jan (Jason)
    • John (Mycenius)

Scenario Writing
    • January: Eric (7eat51)
    • February: Neil (Union Jack)
    • March: Jim (Nightmoss)
    • April: Eric (7eat51)
    • May:
    • June: Charles (CSherrange)
    • July: John (Mycenius)
    • August:
    • September:
    • October:
    • November:
    • December:
    Last edited by 7eat51; 02-23-2015 at 00:53.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato