Thread: Shapeways SOG Ships

Hybrid View

2nd Lieutenant
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Rory

Jim,
    My friend, No running rigging as yet? Are you getting old? Come no don't slip now. come on your letting the side down.
    Be safe
    Rory

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Broadsword56 View Post
    Jim, I REALLY like the look of your Niagara.
    How did you do your base?
    Are your lines paintbrush bristles or thread method?
    You even got the ensign blowing the right way for the set of the sails!
    But the important question is, are *you* happy with it? Did it give you the value you hoped for? Do you think it will play well with others? What are your plans for it?
    Now she needs a worthy opponent -- the HMS Detroit/Royal George/Wolfe sloop corvette model is available now (hint hint).
    The base is Rod Langton's (resin) and I've drilled two holes in it for mounting magnets. In addition to the thin plastic base I put on the hull I also attached a thin magnetic sheet to the very bottom on the ship, which is what holds it to the Ares bases or the Langton bases (modified with magnets).
    I combined rigging using thread for the angles up through the yards to the masts and four bristles for the vertical lines down to the hull. I've never rigged a brig before so I don't even know if I got it right or not?
    Yes, I very much like how it turned out and it definitely brings some variety to the table. Not sure if/when I'll use it for gaming? Not likely face to face, but if I get some stats, logs and an appropriate ship log I can sure try it out in a solo game or two.
    I agree the HMS Detroit/Royal George are probably going to be purchased in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Devsdoc View Post
    Jim,
    My friend, No running rigging as yet? Are you getting old? Come no don't slip now. come on your letting the side down.
    Be safe
    Rory
    LOL. I am getting old Rory. I might add some running rigging, but it will have to be simple. Maybe some lines for the mizzen? I did add ratlines, matched as best I could. That should count for something?

Name:  USBrigNiagaraRatlinesE.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  73.7 KB