Thread: Smoke Cloud Markers and Combat rulers

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Default Smoke Cloud Markers and Combat rulers

I restocked those yesterday and the Combat Rulers will be restocked tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Dominic

Whatever happened with the kickstarter rulers that were incorrect. Were the replacements ever sent out? How does one go about getting the correct replacement besides buying it here.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Toothless9 View Post
    Whatever happened with the kickstarter rulers that were incorrect. Were the replacements ever sent out? How does one go about getting the correct replacement besides buying it here.
    If you ordered either the HMS Victory or USS Constitution the replacement rulers will be shipped with them when they're available. If you did not order the special ships you'll receive the new rulers separately, but shipped at the same time as the Victory and Constitution. That's the latest official information I've heard, but they can always change that?

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

The smoke markers were a big hit at Origins. Not only do they provide a bit of aesthetic quality to a battle, but they serve as great markers regarding firing and reloading.

Over the next few weeks, I will be running WoG and SoG events at our FLGS. Hopefully, we'll be able to expand the number of players in the area. Items such as these add some nice eye candy for such recruiting events.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    The smoke markers were a big hit at Origins. Not only do they provide a bit of aesthetic quality to a battle, but they serve as great markers regarding firing and reloading.

Over the next few weeks, I will be running WoG and SoG events at our FLGS. Hopefully, we'll be able to expand the number of players in the area. Items such as these add some nice eye candy for such recruiting events.
    I hope we'll get some AAR's if you have the time? It's enjoyable reading especially when you're teaching new playwes.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Timothy

I was wondering about the replacement wooden ruler, I thought I had missed some sort of email for confirmation or something. So the new wooden rulers will be sent out automatically to KS people? Or do I need to let someone know?

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Drkangell View Post
    I was wondering about the replacement wooden ruler, I thought I had missed some sort of email for confirmation or something. So the new wooden rulers will be sent out automatically to KS people? Or do I need to let someone know?
    The new rulers will be shipped with the special edition HMS Victory and USS Constitution if you orderd those via Kickstarter. If you didn't they'll be shipped to you separately. I expect that will happen in early to mid January 2015. If you don't receive them in a timely fashion contact Ares Customer Service. They'll be excellent help.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

We used some of the wooden rulers Keith supplied at Origins during our Monday evening game. They are quite lovely and definitely add something to the game. I am looking forward to receiving the ones with the special releases.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Able Seaman
    Canada

Log Entries
    Name
    Susan

My smoke markers are brown with some red print on them. Is that intentional?

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Amara View Post
    My smoke markers are brown with some red print on them. Is that intentional?
    That is the protective film on the acrylic. Simply peel it off and you are all set. A lot of us like to leave the brown paper on the backside though. It works really well for tracking when a broadside is reloading. So when the ship fire, put the marker out white side up, the turn it is reloading flip it to the brown side. If you have hobby skills, you can paint the back side for better visual effect on this.
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Keith, The smoke markers are shown out of stock again, any idea when they will be back in stock?

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Lydia View Post
    Keith, The smoke markers are shown out of stock again, any idea when they will be back in stock?
    Now ;)

Wow, that's service!

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Excellent, I think I need more!! Can't have too many of a good thing you know!!
    "War is the greatest game Man can play!" BG George B. McClellan

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Steven

Hi, Keith , Just received my order the wooden rulers, wind gauges, long nines & smoke markers are AWESOME !!!! thanks

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Loki 13 View Post
    Hi, Keith , Just received my order the wooden rulers, wind gauges, long nines & smoke markers are AWESOME !!!! thanks
    I'm glad everything arrived in good shape and that you like them. Thanks for the order!

Is there any word on Wave 2 ratlines

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

I definitely would like a few of those. Make those first rates stand out.
    I'm not sure it's even worth trying putting ratlines on the unrated little Swan for me.

And I'd like to buy even more if there were a refill of the first wave 74:s.
    I've been hesitant to put them on a few of them as I don't have enough for all of them.

The 1st rates are my main concern also. But I will buy all of them.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Thomas

Looks like the Combat Rulers are out of stock again. I presume they will be stocked in the future at some point?

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

I'll try and get some more cut this weekend. But with the WGF Series 8 planes being dispatched to their assigned airfields, that might not happen. Plus, sails have been spotted on the horizon as well....

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

They are back in stock.

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Alastair

I like the smoke markers they look good in a game plus I also use them in my 15mm 7 Years games so I do not lose track of which units have fired.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Recently I have cut some into three parts to indicate forward and aft battery fire only actions. Could also be used to indicate when the Carronades fire between broadsides being loaded.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.