Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Default 2014 Solo Campaigns

Hello Folks,

We initially intended to host two three-month campaigns between July and December of this year, each focusing on a separate level of solo rule development. At present, we do not have all six scenarios developed, and rule-development discussions have stalled in calm waters. I am currently writing a scenario that will include shore batteries. We need three more scenarios by the end of the year.

Members who participate will have rosters that show the effects of these six scenarios, preparing their captains for the upcoming 2015 British-French campaign which will encompass 12-monthly scenarios. If you desire to have an experienced roster going into the 2015 campaign, please come aboard for these scenarios. Those AARs completed by 31 Dec 14 will count toward the 2015 campaign roster, and if a member completes at least five AARs by the 31st of December, that member will qualify for the Anchorage Campaign Medal.

If you are willing to write a scenario, or need to add a roster, please post below.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

I've written one, but if you don't get enough response from members I can certainly try to develop another one? Your shore battery idea sounds like fun.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Jim, once I get mine uploaded, we'll have three. If others don't submit any, we can fill in the gaps.

I am researching January's inaugural scenario for the upcoming campaign. I think it will be a lot to sail next year.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

I'm awfully late with my treasure hunt.

Had to play & write some WOG AARs in the Pacific & over the Channel.

I hope to catch up soon and are curious for the upcomming scenario, Admiral.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Eric, check your inbox... don't have a scenario to offer, but I've been doing some work on Between Battles mechanics that these campaigns might be a good testing ground for.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Will do. Thanks, DB.

Right now on the 'Drome, there are several solo campaigns going. They are such a great way for members to play, and to play together given our physical distance from each other.

Master & Commander
    UK

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Neil

What roster do we need to post to participate?

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Kenneth

Since I joined in September, I'm late to the party, too. But count me in. I will play catch up so I can join the action in January. I may be playing scenarios on new years eve, but I'll get it done.

Master & Commander
    UK

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Neil

Is there a form for writing scenarios?

Are they bound by time, era etc?

Is there a limit to quantity of ships etc?

And how do you post a roster?

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Currently, any type of scenario is fine as we are developing the solo rules, cutting our teeth with AAR writing, etc. In January, we'll play British vs. French in a style similar to OTT.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Eric, heads-up--draft materials for part of a campaign I'm writing in your e-mail. :)

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Thanks, DB.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Hey Folks,

I realize there might be problems accessing the roster spreadsheet due to it being through my work gmail account. I will move it to a new gmail account this week, and will notify all of you when it is set up.

Cheers,
    Eric