Thread: Cable spring while at anchor

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Marc

Default Cable spring while at anchor

As my brother and I were playing an engagement today I started thinking about cable springs. Has anyone though about making any house rules for how to use these. I know most engagements will be open sea battles. But I could see some value in certain situations of being able to drop anchor in an advantageous spot and rotate on a spring and use the ship as a battery of sorts. Anyway I thought I'd see if anyone else thinks this is worth while or had any thoughts.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tar View Post
    As my brother and I were playing an engagement today I started thinking about cable springs. Has anyone though about making any house rules for how to use these. I know most engagements will be open sea battles. But I could see some value in certain situations of being able to drop anchor in an advantageous spot and rotate on a spring and use the ship as a battery of sorts. Anyway I thought I'd see if anyone else thinks this is worth while or had any thoughts.
    Check out the Battle of the Nile thread. They used them in that event. Cant tell you much more than that however. Its under Missions Discussion.