Thread: The Treasure Galleon: Better Late Than Never At All

Threaded View

Whew, what a battle! Almost 40 turns I think. Much of that was due to the low damage draws by both sides. I calculated that I saved 9 hull damage and 3 crew damage, and the AI saved 15 hull and 3 crew, by lucky chit draws...

I forgot to leave Unite on the board for the captain to be potentially captured, because I was just thinking BASIC rules all the way (of course I did play with rakes...). Guess since I won it wouldn't have mattered.

My navigation had its good and bad points. I was quite happy with the sequence when I was upwind from the SOL and adroitly kept myself from receiving any return fire for several turns. This points out the maneuver advantage of the frigate over the SOL (which I was happy I could manage to exploit), but also the limits of a fairly contrived scenario, coupled with an AI that doesn't really have any good way to handle such a situation. Not sure if a player could have found some more creative ways to respond...

Results:

Esprit-Tranquille Maistral (P): returned to port / defeated and captured larger ship (treasure ship)
    Pierre Douville (P): returned to port / no achievements (temporarily surrendered his ship)
    Last edited by fredmiracle; 08-13-2014 at 15:52.