Thread: PROJECT S.O.S. (Save our ships)

Default PROJECT S.O.S. (Save our ships)

OK, I have had my own interesting journey with broken ships in the wave two order. I won't rehash old news.

I will say that I am very impressed at how well Ares has been supporting the retailers and allowing them the freedom to take care of their customers when unfortunate things like this happen. They are making it easy for the retailers to get replacements which gives them more freedom to handle each individual situation. Usually the options are replacement or discount for the damage.

I would like to add that I am very pleased with the extra care provided by Cool Stuff to take care of me. The customer service was tops and the shipping was fast. (As a 30 year professional, I know a bit about good customer service.)

The final result was that there were a few broken ships that needed some TLC and to find something useful to do with them. Fortunately, I am equipped to repair these and save them from a recycling fate. It didn't take much to convince Cool Stuff to allow me to make the repairs and then use them as prizes for the games I run at the cons. I really appreciate their support! I know the recipients of the prizes will too. And we all know, you can never just have one!

For those of you with the tools and ability, I would strongly advise attempting the repair, it really isn't that tough if you take your time. I have found that using Jim's method at http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.p...&referrerid=55, it takes less than 30 minutes, and the repair is virtually undetectable. Plus, the added benefit is that it is actually stronger.

If the break is somewhere other than the base, you may need to resort to a mast replacement, such as I have done here. http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.p...&referrerid=55
    Even that doesn't take too long, and again, is very strong.

So go on, give it a go, Save Our Ships!
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  164.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Cpt Kangaroo; 07-29-2014 at 15:41.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Nice post! I've saved a number of ships and they've gone on to be quite productive. I suppose at some point I might look at turning a damaged ship into a wreck, but they've repaired easily enough that I've not done that yet.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Until you get to a Constructive Total Loss, stick to the Litko markers for wreckage. Why waste good ships? :)

--DB, who's had to splice a jib on a Wave 1, thankfully not one of the KS Exclusives

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Until you get to a Constructive Total Loss, stick to the Litko markers for wreckage. Why waste good ships? :)

--DB, who's had to splice a jib on a Wave 1, thankfully not one of the KS Exclusives
    If they ever get to that stage they probably wouldn't make convincing wrecks anyway?