Couple other comments... When I uploaded the pics I had given a unique name to each one thinking they would be visible (kinda new at this sort of thing...) Anyway, I also thought they'd get uploaded in the correct order, but ... they didn't. Rather than try and fix it,... I thought I'd try to just put a couple comments here for them.
First picture: Walram (he's got the paper in his hand and was delivering some last minute instructions) deserves a lot of credit for the preparation and making this event work. There is a small group that meets weekly at the game store, and they spent the past several months, starting with just single ship engagements to small fleet entanglements etc, and culminated in this event. He'd also spent a lot of time researching the actual battle and I think we did a reasonably accurate job of recreating it.
Second picture: Another view of the line of French ships from another angle.
Pics 3-5 a sample of what each of the captains had for our respective ships. I started in command of the Goliath (which had the honor of leading the attack...) Also a list of the British fleet. Each of the ships had unique flags printed to help identify them on the playing field, and of course a group shot of our players. Aprilbooks, (in red in the center) commanded the French fleet, (Walram helped near the end of the scenario when the French actually did something right...)
Pics 6 through 12 The first battle pictures. The Goliath and the fort exchanged the first shots of the scenario (which was a slight deviation from the real event, as the fort was bypassed by the Brits, but it was too sweet a target to ignore. Fates were in my favor as the Goliath managed to avoid any significant damage, while dealing enough damage at the outset to effectively take it out of the battle. The rest of those pictures are of the Brits making their initial turn down the inside of the French fleet.
Pic 13 (all the 0 chits...) one of the luckier draws for the Brits during the battle... (to the French chagrin)

The other pictures tell more of the story that I'll leave for Walram and his after action report.

I'll do better next time posting text with the pictures individually so it'll make following along a lot easier.