Thread: 28mm SHIPS AND TERRAIN ON KICKSTARTER

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Default 28mm SHIPS AND TERRAIN ON KICKSTARTER

As a gamer I game with different size models as do many of my fellow shipmates. I found this interesting KS site and thought to share with the crew.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...s?ref=category

They have some nice looking items. However, the cost for them looks a bit much for my wallet.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Marc

Oh the fun you can have with a laser cutter.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Nice stuff, but well beyond my price point. I imagine this is where being part of a group that primarily plays a couple of games at most pays off.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Thanks for the link, Paul. Really nice items. They've done well already so that's a great sign.

I also think it's a good thing that I'm not into 28mm gaming.

Interesting KS start Paul, I'm also very glad I dont have 28mm figures, as this could be too temping and too pricey! But you can get cheap plastic 28mm figures...no no no...

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    Interesting KS start Paul, I'm also very glad I dont have 28mm figures, as this could be too temping and too pricey! But you can get cheap plastic 28mm figures...no no no...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    I also think it's a good thing that I'm not into 28mm gaming.
    I would like to sign up but the fleet is already too large and the funding account too small. I'll have to let these sail past as well.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

They have some nice looking models but I do not think that I shall be buying any. The 'plug-in' masts on H.M.S. Surprise sound like a good idea. Perhaps a certain other company might also like to consider it.

Think of 28mm as the scale for Naval skirmish games. You only need 1-2 smaller ships and some ships boats along with 28mm crew figures. You can run shore parties and cutting out actions. Well suited to the War of 1812!

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

I would like to play such scenarios in this scale, Eric. I think it could be quite fun. I imagine it would be a very different experience than traditional AoS mini games.

I need to look for games like this at cons, given the high probability I will never invest in them.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    I would like to play such scenarios in this scale, Eric. I think it could be quite fun. I imagine it would be a very different experience than traditional AoS mini games.

I need to look for games like this at cons, given the high probability I will never invest in them.
    You'll find them at the miniatures focused cons. One game I played in had one side land a party of marines to storm a battery while holding off the approaching enemy squadron. Each side had four ships (sloops, galleys and schooners) and land forces.