Ralf, I just now finished testing your table for moving towards a stationary object. It works really well, or at least it has for me? I repositioned the stationary target and the AI ship in various locations on a single SoG mat and regardless of positioning the AI ship will move rather directly toward the focus point.

The only time I had an issue was when I tested how an AI ship already grounded on land would respond with the target in "D" quadrant and the wind in "C". I fell back on using the basic rules taken aback maneuver (2nd hour glass) to get me off the land. To be clear I don't imagine the AI ship would have found itself in this position in the first place unless the 'stationary target' changes randomly in a scenario. I don't expect grounding will be all that common in campaign scenarios, but this is something I wanted to check out.

Thanks for the table and rules. This will go in my files for future use and in fact I could have used this when testing the Egmont and Bellona for Diamondback.