Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
This is the complication I think. Redoubtable moves forward on the line until its base touches the Juno (puts them almost exactly corner to corner). In any attempt to move the Juno back tracing the line from the stern its base is going to hit the Redoubtable base as it swings back. Only if I pick up the ship can this be avoided and that seems to contradict tracing a line from the stern? Ironically, if the angle of approach on the Redoubtable had been different I think the Juno would at least be able to move back initially, but then collide when moving forward?
AKAIK Redoutable would move forward until she was in contact with Juno, which then (having been contacted) would not move. But check also what the positions would be if the ships were both to move their full move distance. If the bases don't touch then they execute that movement as collisions only occur if bases would overlap after all movement is completed. From the photo it looks like this would be the case, but worth checking :)