Thread: Solo Campaign Development Discussions - July to Sept. 2014

Hybrid View

One thing I'm not clear on is AI captains (I apologize if I somehow missed this in the rules). I've seen some references to them--suggesting they will also be tracked and gain experience. I notice they are on the spreadsheet. Do we need to assign names to them? Do we just pick any AI captain for the opposition before playing the scenario, or select one randomly, or?

Also, did I see somewhere that some of our captains are supposed to start with abilities, or did I imagine that? If the former, how do they get chosen and assigned?

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by fredmiracle View Post
    One thing I'm not clear on is AI captains (I apologize if I somehow missed this in the rules). I've seen some references to them--suggesting they will also be tracked and gain experience. I notice they are on the spreadsheet. Do we need to assign names to them? Do we just pick any AI captain for the opposition before playing the scenario, or select one randomly, or?

Also, did I see somewhere that some of our captains are supposed to start with abilities, or did I imagine that? If the former, how do they get chosen and assigned?
    • Assign names to your AI captains as you need them. The first two mini-campaigns will have generically written scenarios given the various nations represented. Next year as we do a thematic scenario, I will develop the AI captain roster.
    • Choose AI captains from the available roster. Sometimes, captains are unavailable due to wounds or capture.
    • Choose any two captains, and assign each one an ability. I have assigned the AI captains' abilities already.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato